Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5th, 2012 - JJ

1. Since I think everyone on this list knows now: WE'RE GETTING MARRIED IN JUST A LITTLE LESS THAN TWO MONTHS!!!!  I'm very thankful that the decision was so easy, and that people are happy for us instead of disappointed at not being able to be there.  I'm also thankful that everything has come together so perfectly for the day. We both got great deals on wedding bands, I got an awesome deal on a dress that fits perfectly, my partner at work hooked us up with a photographer friend of hers who is going to take the pictures, and everyone who we need to be there was able to make arrangements to come. I can't wait! I wish it was July 21st tomorrow!
 
2. Sunshine and warm weather! It's beautiful outside right now. I'm also thankful that my parents lent me the car with the sunroof!
 
3. Ice packs! I finally bought some for Derick and I to start taking in our lunch bags instead of big ziplock bags full of ice. This will mean that there should always be ice for my drinks in the freezer now. Horray!! Also, we will have to buy giant ziplock bags much less frequently, which is another plus!
 
4. Starbucks and some time between appointments today to sit at Starbucks and write this/get some work done.
 
5. Landlords. Mine is alright, but I'm thankful for landlords in general. While I'm excited at the prospect of someday being a home owner, I'm currently extremely glad to have a landlord to call to fix things like a leaky toilet and a leaky ceiling in the bedroom. I love that I don't have to wait at home to let him in to fix things because he has a key and my permission to enter. I love that I don't have to pay to fix this stuff because it's not my building. I love that repairs and maintenance are not my responsibility.  So horray for landlords, and horray for a dry, toilet stench free bathroom and bedroom this evening (fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment