Tuesday, July 31, 2012
2. A super productive day at work....I crossed something like five things off my todo list!
3. Being able to open the docs that I have to read for class on my new fangled iPad! :)
4. Watching the Olympics has been great inspiration to go to the gym.
5. My furry backup alarm clock. My kitten thinks that if I stay in bed too long in the morning it's his job to come bite my ankles (literally) until I get out of bed. Mildly annoying, somewhat cute, and unfortunately necessary on mornings like today!!!
Monday, July 30, 2012
2. That aforementioned research paper and presentation went perfectly! I'm not sure it could have gone any better...unless of course I had actually finished it like three weeks ago, of course!
3. That I got a perfect score in my first grad course....some of you may know, I'm a tiny bit of a perfectionist...so it was really important to me to see that 100%!
4. After clearing out as much food as we could so that it wouldn't spoil before we left for Chicago, we knew that one of the first things that would need to happen this past weekend upon our return would be grocery shopping....it went really well. Ok, that sounds kind of odd. But generally, we don't like to plan menus, which makes grocery shopping a bit of a chore. But we did pretty good about getting just what we needed to make meals for the week!
5. I genearlly dispise food ads on tv....they seem to always be for food I shouldn't eat, don't like or that NEVER end up being as good as they look on tv. But there's an ad running for garlic bread pizza from one of the major pizza chains....and it gave me an idea...we genearlly buy a pumpernickel french bread loaf to make breakfast strata...and we always have a handful of slices leftover every week. We made little pizzas with the leftover bread and some cheese, olives, canadian bacon and it was tasty! It reminded me of Texas toast pizza days in elementary school!
6. Rainer cherries!!!! I love them and they had a really good price for them at the store yesterday.
7. Going to the gym tonight....haven't been in quite some time - Foursquare will tell me exactly how long it's been when I check in tonight.
8. Being in Chicago to join friends for a weekly gathering at Revolution Brewery. It was nice to sit and chat (aka yell over the din of happy people) with JJ, Derick, Emily and Jake on a regular old Wednesday.
9. The view from my hotel room for the conference. I was on the 29th floor looking right out over Lake Michigan. It was beautiful.
10. Timely conference materials. I was able to use some of the information from one of my conference sessions in my discussion board post for class. I love when different spheres of life overlap like that!
11. Being away and leaving out cats home alone for a whole week was scary. They tend to make a mess of things on a day to day basis. I was slightly fearful to walk upstairs to see what kind of mess awaited me....and there wasn't one! I was also kind of afraid our cats would hate us for being gone so long...they didn't! Edward wanted constant cuddling all weekend and Jake...well Jake wanted to talk all weekend because clearly he had really important things to say to us while we were gone and he had to fill us in!
12. My new iPad!!!!! I love it! It was tons of fun using it at the conference and now integrating it into my daily life!!! Thank you mom!
13. A new clothing addiction. When my boss came in this morning she brought in a catalog that came in the mail called The Pyramid Collection...this could very easily become a big problem....
14. Finding a replacement for my iGoogle homepage: www.symbaloo.com I'm still getting used to it, but I think I might like it!
Friday, July 27, 2012
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
2. Dan, our wedding photographer. He e-mailed me late last night saying he's already got our photos on a CD! I'm hoping to be able to get them from him sometime later today. :)
3. Left overs for dinner last night while watching a movie! It seems like it's been a really long time since we've had the time to do something normal like that. I loved it!
4. Unplanned snuggle naps on the couch. Derick and I both fell asleep on accident last night when we got home from work and slept for about an hour on the couch. It was wonderful! I love naps!
5. 4 days until Mexico! Can't wait!!
Monday, July 23, 2012
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Monday, July 16, 2012
1. Parking in the shade on hot sunny days.
2. The class-selected web conference time for the class I just started today works well with my conference schedule for next week!
3. My dress came today and it fits perfectly!!!
4. Jif's new mocha cappuccino hazelnut spread....I've been raised on Nutella and never thought the day would come when I'd find something I liked better.....the day may have come!!!!
5. Using goggle docs for my class notes today...so convenient!!!!
Friday, July 13, 2012
2. Maman a fait beaucoup de café ce matin et je bois mon troisième tasse!
3. J'écris ce poste en français avec seule un peu d'assisstance de Google!
4. Je vais aller à Cedarburg cet aprés-midi pour acheter le fil rose que j'ai commandé au cours de Strawberry Fest.
5. Mon ami, JJ, pour notre chat en français ce matin!!!!
1. Tomorrow is Bastille Day in France and, in Milwaukee, my mom and I are going to Bastille Days! We have gone the last two year and I love it!
2. Mom made so much coffee this morning and I'm currently drinking my third cup!
3. I'm writing this post in french with just a little help from Google!
4. I'm going to Cedarburg this afternoon to purchase the pink yarn that I ordered during the Strawberry Fest.
5. My friend, JJ, for chatting with me in french this morning!
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
1. The itty bitty hair bands my coworker brought me so that I can braid my hair when we swim...and for afterwards too...I braided my hair back up after swimming today.
2. Strawberry tea at Wendy's....I know, it's crazy that I would like something strawberry flavored. I used to tease my friend that he was going to turn into a big Reese's Peanut Butter Cup because he ate so many of them....well I'm one really good sunburn away from becoming a strawberry!
3. Getting approval to attend a conference this September in Portland, OR! And it happens to the be during the only week that I'm not in class between now and Christmas! Yay!!!
4. Abdul, the owner of the Egyptian art store at Mayfair Mall. He always treats mom and I like family when we go in and there are always so many beautiful things to look at in the store.
5. Pink yarn...I ordered some from a cute little yarn shop up in Cedarburg during the Strawberry Festival and it's in! I get to pick it up this weekend!!!
6. My new Meet Meme cards!!! They came in the mail last Friday and they are so much fun!
7. Plotting surprises! :)
8. Shopping for accessories! I found some really cute things at the mall last night....some on really good sales!
9. Comfortable weather! After that many days under head advisories it's nice to be able to kick the air off and enjoy!
10. My coursework for my first grad class is almost complete...just a few more papers and reflections and it's in the history books! It's really very exciting!
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Friday, July 6, 2012
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
2. Memories, good and bad, of previous 4th of July celebrations. From losing my first tooth to my first fireworks living in DC....there are many memories to make me smile and cry on this day.
3. The odd places I find inspiration....I was reading an article and googled and acronym and it could change my life! :)
4. Bobby pins....keeping all of my hair up and off my neck and in place on the most sweltering of days!
5. Sleeping in on a Wednesday! Love mid-week holiday!!!
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Monday, July 2, 2012
1. I'm thankful for the journey! I truly believe the idea that life is not a destination, but a journey. I'm trying to enjoy the ride every day! Naturally some days are more pleasant that others!
2. I'm thankful for our kittens...they are getting so big so fast! They'll be 8 and 9 months old this month.
3. I'm thankful for my grad school work. It's completely different than undergrad and so much more fulfilling.
4. I'm thankful for my many books...it's been great being able to pull books off my shelves that relate to my coursework. Mind you, that hasn't kept me away from amassing more...thank you Amazon and Half Price Books!!!
5. Hot pink nails! Super fun mani/pedi with Lindsey at the Enve Salon in downtown Waukesha!