Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11th - Heather

1.  Left over tamales for lunch!  And that smell of masa and wonderful that lingers on your fingers after you've eaten the last bit of tamale!!!

2.  The delicate combination of rose tea and strawberry angel food cake.  It was a great afternoon snack...even if it was so calming and delicate that it made me want to curl up in the sun and sleep.  I've said it before and I'll say it again: I really don't know why we don't have siesta in this country.  Granted I wanted nothing to do with nap time when I was little...I think it would be really useful now!

3.  My water bottle...encouraging me to drink all the water I should and more than I would left to my own devices.  With the temperature getting warmer, I really need to be better about drinking water.

4. Trying something new without a disastrous outcome.  We got this random veggie at the farmers market, garlic snape/snare...something like that...anyway, I googled it and read that you can treat out like asparagus and that it's good in stir fry...which was perfect because that's what we were planning for dinner.  I can't say that it came out fantastically, but it wasn't completely awful either.

5.  Mom was willing to clean up the dinner dishes and set up the strata so that I could study!

No comments:

Post a Comment