Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 12th, 2012 - JJ

1. The AMAZING dinner Derick and I made last night. Unfortunately it heated up the kitchen to an insane degree, but was totally worth it. It was a mediterranean roasted chicken recipe, with potatoes, lemon, and olives cooked in the cast iron skillet on the stove and in the oven with a tomato, cucumber, and feta salad on the side.  I have left overs for lunch and I cannot wait to eat them!!!
 
2. Getting to use the vocabulary words I learned as an intern at the middle school.  I just used the word "circuitous" in a sentence while talking to our prospective intern at the office, and it made me smile. I realize these words were meant as vocab words for my 6th graders, but it was a good refresher for me too! :)
 
3. Smarty pants books that I get to read with Heather Brown. I got the first one in the mail last night and can't wait to talk to Heather about a reading schedule. I am excited to learn things with her while she goes through her grad school program!
 
4. Iced coffee.  It's been so hot that I can't even imagine hot coffee as an option!
 
5. Headphone ear pieces for cell phones. I currently prefer them to blue tooth ear pieces because I can unplug it from one phone and plug it into the other in seconds, which is a little easier than reconfiguring the blue tooth settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment