Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 1st, 2012 - JJ

1. Revolution Brewing's applewood smoked wings. SO delicious!!  We had the pleasure of eating tons of them last night at a charity event that Derick bought tickets to. We also got to try their sweet potato fritters, which came with a delicious curry sauce, and their pulled pork sliders that had a sauce that reminded me of one that Tammy had made over Christmas. Everything was so good!!
 
2. That I was able to finish book 4 of Game of Thrones last night, just in time to quickly read the new Sookie book before starting book 5. :)  I fully plan on having Sookie's new story finished before I go to sleep tonight. I can't wait!!
 
3. The conversation Derick and I had recently about our priorities in life and how we can work toward them together. Having always been single before Derick, it's been a little bit difficult to get used to having shared goals and shared priorities. I'm really excited that we've mutually decided to make adventure travel a bigger priority. It's something I've really missed since moving to Chicago (aside from that one trip to Italy and Turkey in 2010). I'm looking forward to watching our travel savings grow and grow, and even more looking forward to spending it!
 
4. Teeny little hair clips. Also giant large hair clips! Hair clips of all kinds. Anything that can restrain my crazy hair, actually. I spend way too much money on hair clips and hair bands since my hair destroys them so quickly and since the cats think that hair clips are fun toys and they are constantly disappearing from counter tops and table tops, never to be seen again! So I am thankful for packs of multiple clips, especially when they're on sale at Target.
 
5. Warm weather. It's supposed to be in the 70's today and in the 80's tomorrow. I'm excited to finally be able to sit outside on our new patio furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment