Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 22nd, 2012 - JJ

1. Derick, for handling my mood swings pretty well. I've been trying to limit sugar and carbs in my diet and the result has been that food, or really the absence of food, has a HUGE effect on my mood, usually making me grouchy even though I don't necessarily feel hungry. I feel like a crazy person and I'm glad Derick has a lot of patience. Hopefully in another week or two I will have this new life style of eating figured out and have my mood back under control.
 
2. Jessica, for being able to follow what I was talking about last night even though I went off on several tangents and couldn't really stay on topic. I confused myself, but I didn't confuse her.  That's what best friends are for!
 
3. That the whoopie pies I made last night are actually much softer than I thought they would be. They had the density and feel of cookies last night when I put them in a ziplock bag, but this morning they're really soft and cakey, which is exactly how they should be! I was worried I'd ruined them for a minute there. Phew!!
 
4. That tomorrow is our intern's last day, so I can stop worrying about being a bad supervisor for a little while. Also thankful that we won't have another intern until the fall (if we can help it, that is), by which time we will have a program set up to make the process better for everyone.
 
5. I can fit into the smallest pair of jeans that I own. Are they comfortable? Heck no. Do I have a serious case of muffin top? Sure I do.  But I didn't have to lie down to zip them up, and I'm pretty sure that if I lose just 3-5 more pounds I'll be able to rock 'em.   That makes sacrificing bread, pasta, cookies, coffee, chips, etc. all worth it! Now let's just hope I can keep this up while in Seattle over the next week, and on the road between Seattle and Chicago for a few days after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment