Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 16th - Heather

1.  The stairs from the garage to our front door have finally been recarpeted!  I know, it's kind of an odd thing to be thankful for....but they ripped up the carpeting a few weeks ago and those stairs are scary with just cracked linoleum covering them.  It smells like new carpet...but I'll take it over fearing my death every time I have to walk down them.

2.  My morning meeting was rescheduled...I am not a fan of morning meetings...now I get to not be a fan of it tomorrow instead of today.

3. Slacker....internet radio in general...for those days when I want to listen to something that's not on my iPod! :) 

4.  Pumpernickel bread...I may or may not have eaten pumpernickel bread frequently as a child...but as an adult it scared me to buy because I couldn't remember if I did like it or not.  We bought some recently and used it in our breakfast strata (amazing) and ate it last night with our cold chicken salad.  It's like reconnecting with a beloved friend after so many years...so yummy!

5.  The sense of accomplishment that comes from placing a memory that is tingling at the edge of remembrance.  I couldn't place the song that one of the stars danced to last night.  It was driving me crazy because it just seemed so familar, and I just couldn't put my finger on it.  A little time spent on youtube took care of that!  The song is Vem Magalenha by Sergio Mendes.  As soon as I saw Sergio Mendes, I remembered that it was on one of our discs at Starbucks.  Then I saw another video for the song on youtube that was a clip from Dance with Me..and in that moment I knew I wasn't crazy...well, mostly not crazy.  What did we do before the internet?  Did we really remember all these things?  Or did we just let them go and forget?  I can't imagine disconnecting completely with fringe memories like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment