Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 10th - Heather

1.  Free bbq!  There was a cookout on campus for faculty, staff and seniors to celebrate graduation this weekend.  It's hard to believe it's been eight years since I donned cap and gown and made my way across that stage myself.  So many, many things have been crammed into those eight years. 

2.  I'm thankful to be in a better mental space than I was after graduating from college.  There is still so much undone and unknown but I've allowed myself to let go and focus on the journey.  There's something to be said for that.

3.  Beautiful weather.  Jeff convinced the team to have our 2:30 meeting outside at the senior bbq, so I've spent the last two hours enjoying the incredibly pleasant 63 degree weather under the shade of an open sided party tent.  The weather and conversation were so nice that I didn't even mind the folding chair...ok...maybe there was just a little fidgeting.

4.  The endive apple salad that I made for dinner last night.  In a slight variation from the very basic recipe I chopped up two Belgian endives, one granny smith apple, half a brick of swiss cheese and mixed that with sauteed sweet onion and walnuts tossed with a wonderfully yummy blood orange evoo and chocolate balsamic vinegar. 

5.  The walk to the grocery store to get the above mentioned ingredients and some stuffed chicken.  It reminds me very much of living in Europe.  I love being able to walk to the grocery store and just buy the few things that fit in my little cinch bag for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment