Friday, May 11, 2012

May 11th, 2012 - JJ

Okay, I've been slacking and a few of you have called me out on it, so here are many, many things I'm thankful for to make up for my lack of e-mails/posts.
 
1. Time with Heather & Kathy over the weekend!  I had so much fun hanging out with them (as usual!) and can't wait until the next time!!
 
2. Old Town Oil. We took Kathy there so she could pick out an oil and balsamic combination and had so much fun tasting all the yummy combinations they come up with!!  I could destroy my bank account in that store!
 
3. Vulcan fire salt!  I put it in Nika's green bean recipe this week and it was amazing!  Also thankful for The Spice Shop in Old Town, right next to Old Town Oil, and all their amazing spices.  PS: I'm pretty sure I saw the mean girl from the last season of Top Chef leaving The Spice Shop the first time we went!
 
4. Jewelry cleaner. I'm thankful for this often, but it just makes my sparkles so much sparklier and I love it!
 
5. That having 4 cats in the house over the weekend didn't result in the total chaos I was imagining.  They didn't destroy anything!
 
6. Marty and the opportunity to babysit him while Em was out of town. He was always so happy to see us when we came home and I loved it!
 
7. Houseboats in Seattle, and Heather for sending me pictures of them. I have secretly always wanted to live in a houseboat, even though I know it would be cramped and all my books would probably sink it. They make me happy!
 
8. It's finally skirt weather. Thankful for that and for the fact that my skin tone is kind of pinkish so my legs don't look too reflective in their whiteness.
 
9. For Derick who takes such good care of me and makes dinners and gets up to get me things I need when I'm too lazy to get them. He takes much better care of me than I do of him most of the time, and I'm very thankful that I'm spoiled rotten in that respect.  He's a keeper!
 
10. Fast deliveries on items shipped, and the humor in having the package arrive prior to the "your items have shipped" e-mail being delivered to my inbox.  Too funny.
 
11. That I've been mostly able to keep up with everything that needs to get done at work despite my partner being out for a week and a half.  I was worried I was going to be drowned in work, but it's finally Friday and I've survived! Horray!
 
12. The days when I have to leave after Derick does in the morning (which is most days), because when I go in the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face it usually still smells like his cologne and that makes me happy. If I can't have him next to me to sniff, having left over cologne smell is second best. Also thankful for Dirty English, which I still maintain is the most delicious smelling cologne on the planet. I bet if Daniel John wrote his daily 5 things he'd be thankful for Derick pretty often too, since I no longer have to cozy up to Dan to get my fix of Dirty English.
 
13. That I got to work directly with one of my clients yesterday, and that I haven't lost my ability to deal with problem behavior effectively.  The guy scratched me until I bled (just a little, no biggie), and hit me several times at one point, but after he realized I wasn't going to give in to his aggression he shaped right up and was pretty awesome the rest of the day.  Feels good to know I can still apply ABA to real life situations since I spend most of my time at work telling other people how to do it.
 
14. Dinner at Revolution with Megan last night. Always good to have some girl time!!
 
15. The opportunity to babysit for Dane's aunt and uncle.  I love that family.  But at the same time, I'm also thankful that they cancelled for tonight. It's been a crazy week and I'm a little excited to be able to go home and relax tonight. I'm going to do some cooking and some baking and some cleaning and some reading. Can't wait!  Is it quittin time yet??
 
16. My heating pad. I love that it can make my achy back feel better in minutes. The same for heated seats in the company car. Best ever!!!
 
17. Starbucks and toffee nut lattes. Also iced soy caramel macchiatos. Probably I'd lose weight if I just cut out Starbucks, but the happiness i'd be sacrificing for weight loss just wouldn't be worth it. The sugary caffeinated goodness that is Starbucks gets me through my rough days and if it means a little extra weight then so be it! Stephanie Plum would approve and that's good enough for me.
 
18. Agencies that are a joy to work with. I love it when people do their job well and communicate frequently. Makes everything in my job easier.
 
19. Anti-bacterial cleaner for wounds.  The client who scratched me has some inappropriate bathroom behaviors, and I couldn't help but be worried about infection when I realized he'd drawn blood. I'm not much of a germaphobe, but I am very thankful that the agency had an anti-bacterial wipe to clean it off with which put my mind at ease. Lord knows what was under those fingernails!!
 
20. Music.  I'm not a huge fan of music as most of you know and I realize that makes me a little weird. But I'm so thankful that so many of my clients love music and I love seeing the atmosphere in day program transform when a musician comes in to play and sing for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment