Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 23rd - Heather

1.  Dinner with Thinh and his family last night!  We were so honored to be able meet them and to join them for dinner.  It was a true pleasure.  And as promised yesterday, here's a group shot:

 2.  I'm pretty thankful on a somewhat regular basis that there is an Au Bon Pain so close to my office...there's something about a sandwich wrapped up in butcher paper that makes me smile!


3.  Tabitha at glitterandganache.com  for blogging about picmonkey.com where I did all the snazzy editting to the photos above.  So much fun!!!!

4.  As many of you know, this daily 5 things started for me as an exercise is positivity.  It was something my friend and co-conspirator, JJ, had been doing with a handful of her friends.  And when she added me to the list of lucky recipients I started thinking about how much I needed to focus on the positives everyday.  Having said that, this blog post really struck me today...reminded me that we create our own happy.  So, one of the things I am thankful for today is this quote from the aforementioned post:

“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” Buddha

5.  I'm also very thankful that my mom was willing to stop on her way home and pick up dinner...I just didn't feel like being creative in the kitchen tonight!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment