Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 7th, 2012 - JJ

A few honeymoon/wedding things, then back to our regularly scheduled program:
 
1. Hydrotherapy!! The resort we stayed at had this amazing hydrotherapy program at their spa. We got to experience the whole thing for free since we booked a massage our first day. It was so awesome! I wish I could do it once a week!
 
2. Massages. I also wish I could do these once a week. Such a great way to relax and start our honeymoon! I loved it!
 
3. My wedding band. It's pretty and makes me smile every time I look at it. I also love that my engagement ring reminds me of gothic architecture because it has little flying buttresses holding up the diamond, and that my wedding band reminds me of Italian renaissance architecture because it looks like the stripes you'll find on churches in Florence and Siena built during that time period. Love!
 
4. Being tan, and the process of getting a tan. I am an unashamed sunworshipper! Laying in the sun is one of my favorite things, and I'm very thankful that Derick, who does not love laying out in the sun, suffered through many many hours of it last week. Makes up for the fact that I have not been to the beach in Chicago once this summer.
 
5. Reading. We did a lot of reading on our honeymoon and I was able to start and finish The Host, which I have been meaning to read for years. Heather Brackett, you were so right! It's GREAT! I couldn't put it down!!
 
And on to the regular thankful things:
 
6. A quiet office. I love Jenna and our current intern, but it's nice to be able to get through stuff without distractions today. Especially since I have a TON of work to catch up on!
 
7. Being able to see target behavior. It's so rare and even though this sounds strange to all you non behavior analysts, I am so thankful when I actually get to witness my clients doing all the awful things that I read about in their incident reports. Makes writing their behavior plans so much easier!
 
8. Coffee. Of course. :)
 
9. Derick, for buying my favorite rainier cherries and then packing them up with grapes in little tupperwares so they're easy to grab in the morning on my way out the door. Also for doing the same thing with carrots, cucumbers, and hummus.
 
10. Movies. We rented Chronicle last night which was much better than I thought it would be. Also thankful that it was set in Seattle, so I got to see the Space Needle and the Sound in the background of a lot of shots. 3.5 weeks till I get to see them in person again! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment