Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August 15th, 2012 - JJ

1. The dill pickles Tammy made for us! They are so amazing it's ridiculous. I just opened the first jar on Monday and I'm already halfway through it!  :)
 
2. Ice cream. I found Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide ice cream at the grocery store and almost cried with joy! Also, the gelato that Heather Brown recommended (I think it's called talienti??) is so yummy!!
 
3. Self control. I don't have it with the pickles, apparently, but I've been really good about moving through the two pints of ice cream slowly despite long hours at work and a fair amount of stress.
 
4. Starbucks. I didn't go yesterday, but I'm already planning on stopping in at Target to use one of my treat receipts before my first meeting this afternoon. In case you're not aware, Target Starbucks' treat receipts are far more awesome than regular Starbucks' treat receipts. They're good for 14 days, and good for ANY drink, ANY size for $2. And my favorite barristas have been giving me treat receipts even on purchases made with treat receipts. So I am currently VERY thankful for Starbucks.
 
5.  Time in the car. Usually I'm not thankful that I spend so much time in the car, but recently I've been using that time to keep in touch with friends who live far away. Now I get a little excited about having to make long drives because it means I get to talk to people I love.
 
6. My co-worker, Anna. She's great. We have the same style of venting: 2 parts humor, 1 part irritation.
 
7. Derick, for being the person in our house who makes our lunches, takes out our trash, and carries our laundry up and down the stairs to wash it. I'm thankful for these things often, but that's because I really love that he steps up to do the things I hate doing. So this will continue to come up a lot!
 
8. That the Shinners are coming to our Seattle reception! I am so excited! I can't wait to meet baby Keegan in a few weeks!! :)
 
9. The use of company cars. I haven't driven my own car (ok, the car I'm borrowing from my parents) in almost two weeks. Love not having to buy gas!
 
10. That I have no credit card debt. Student loans are bad enough! I'm really thankful that my parents got after me at a young age about the evils of credit cards so I never went too crazy with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment