1. That I keep bandaids in my desk. I gave myself a pretty bad papercut on a folder and was super thankful for the little packs of bandaids that I picked up during the Health Fair last year.
2. Sometimes the food you get for a catered event is boring and not so tasty...the catering menu that I crafted with our catering director for the retreat has been wonderful!
3. The opportunity to learn about cultural training. This year's facilitator has done a wonderful job of leading a great multi-day discussion focused on culture and how we learn and how we teach about culture.
4. That my mom was willing to help me get ready for my trip to Portland by doing my laundry while I worked until 10 o'clock last night. Now I get to head home and pack tonight.
5. Conversations that validate my desire to get my phd in Cultural Anthropology. Being in a room full of professors generally reinforces my choice of career paths...but this workshop in particular, discussing training for cultural experiences has been very powerful.