2. A fabulously successful first attempt into the world of preparing and serving a French-inspired 7 course meal to 3 people that blur the distinction between friends and family! Here was Saturday's menu, in addition to the standard bread basket lingering through the following courses:
- Pretzel-like bread sticks wrapped in prosciutto with a garlic aioli mustard paired with Chardonnay
- Wild Pacific Salmon with a mojito chutney paired with Chardonnay
- Mango Sorbet
- Roast Beef paired with Pinot Noir
- Spinach Salad with cranberries, pecans and a balsmic vinegar and olive oil dressing paired with Pinot Noir
- Dried apricots and Brie paired with a local Peach wine
- Chocolate and Vanilla Parisian Macarons and cafe paired with this Chocolate Red Wine from Walla Walla, Washington
4. A wonderful brunch Saturday morning at Cafe Centraal and I'm extra thankful since Derick picked up the tab! Thank you!!! :) It was amazing. I was a little skeptical ordering a savory pancake breakfast but it sounded too good to pass up....and it was!
5. That we've past the half-way point on the grant. For those of you who may not know, my current position is 100% tied to a 5 year Department of Education grant that Carroll University was granted. There has been a steep learning curve getting into the world of grants and federal money. But we are half way through our third year and therefore half way through the grant funded portion of the project overall. Is it improper to begin a countdown from this point until the last day of the grant????