Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September 3rd - Heather

 
1. I'm thankful for little Alice. She was not in the best health when I adopted her...but she is on her way to being a healthy happy little kitten. I've been giving her rubby nosed kisses since I brought her home...this morning was the first time that she gave me kisses. Now she's perched on my chest watching me type. I wish she would stay this small forever, but I know she'll grow...afterall, on my birthday I'm acutely aware that we never stop growing.

2. Having had this time in Portland to relax and enjoy this city before my conference begins on Wednesday.

3. Good coffee and pastries...I went to Public Domain one of my first mornings here in Portland. Nothing like coffee love from the barista.

4. My mom for calling me to tell me about a sandwich place she saw on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives in Portland called Bunk Sandwiches....it was tasty!

5. I decided to save going to the Portland Japanese Garden for my birthday. I wasn't prepared for it to be as much of a hike as it was, but it was worth it. The gardens were beautiful and the pictures came out great. The best was the view of Mt Hood towards the end of the path. I love great mountain shots in ordinary places.

6. Speaking of mountain views....one of the first days I was here I found myself in a mall food court enjoying some frozen yogart while gazing out over this view. Real mountains! Not clouds that look like mountains. Not small rises in elevation covered in burnt tumbleweeds. Not mounds of dirt pushed together and covered in grass and snow with a ski slope atop it.

 
7. My new camera connection kit that connects my camera to my iPad! So I was able to upload all of my pictures from the past few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment