Thursday, September 13, 2012

September 13th - Heather

I have so much to be thankful for.  And I I keep telling myself that I'm going to sit down and prepare my pictures from my last few days in Portland to share on here, and I haven't.  So I'm going to have to post pictures later.  For now, here's what I'm thankful for:

1.  A wonderful and relaxing time in Portland, OR.

2.  Amazing food finds in Portland.  Specifically three places stick out since my last post: Habibi, Lebanese Cuisine; Luc Lac, Vietnamese Cuisine; and Thai Peacock, Thai Cuisine.  I was absolutely amazed at how much food was served for so little money and I was equally struck by how rich and flavorful it was.

3.  Networking at the conference I was in Portland for.  I met some great people and shared some great meals.

4.  Little Alice traveled back to Milwaukee  very well.  She slept through both flights and only got really vocal when there were a couple of toddlers screaming in the gate area.

5.  That her appetite and little system seems to be back to normal after our little bought with a nasty parasite while in Portland.  She is happy and playful and growing like crazy.

6.  That introducing Alice to Jacob and Edward did not incite a feline version of world war three in our household!  Jake and Edward are just under a year old and they've both been so good with her.  It's hysterical to watch them all play together.  She looks so tiny and they look so big.

7.  My first week of classes went well.  Exhausting but well.  I'm clearly not going to sleep for the next few months and will subsequently sleep the entire week that I'm off between Christmas and New Years.  I'm taking two grad courses this term, one on administration and one on foundations of adult ed.  Hello text book, am I going to be busy!

8.  While my hands are increasingly tracking towards the climate of a frozen tundra in northern Canada, me feet are firmly planted in the Saraha....meaning that as the weather cools off - and thankfully so - I can still comfortably wear my strappy sandals.  While I'm ready for cooler weather, I am not ready for closed-toed shoes!

9.  That I have tamed the wild beast that is my hair since returning to Milwaukee.  I didn't take enough hair product with me to Portland to compete with Alice backcombing my hair all night long.  Now that we're home, I have a whole arsenal of bathroom products to combat her nesting in my locks overnight.

And 10.  (I could and maybe should go on, but after this one I'm signing off for today...)  Thankful for friends!!!  Talking to Mrs Julie on gchat two days in a row (:o) (:-)), FaceTiming with Mr Derick and Mrs JJ the other night and getting to see them this weekend, gchatting with Miss Amy and, of course, all the wonderful birthday greetings from friends and colleagues from around the globe!  I'm a very lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment