Thursday, October 4, 2012

October 4th, 2012 - JJ

1. Getting to go to the Cubs game on Tuesday night with Em, Erica, Jake, and Josh! Tons of fun and it was Derick's first Cubs game.
 
2. French fries. My favorite ever.
 
3. That I was finally able to snag a company car for my visits this week. I was only able to get a company car for one visit in all of last month which means I'm drowning under the weight of my gas bill at the moment. Therefore I'm also thankful that we get mileage reimbursements. Because I don't think I'd be able to afford this job without it!
 
4. This clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euINCrDbbD4&feature=related Sent to me by Heather. Hilarious description of what I do for a living (and he only misused terminology once that I caught, which is pretty good for the general public!)!
 
5. 1.5 more days until Ripley!!! I've been trying to get all the sleep I can in anticipation of being kept awake by sad puppy noises at night, but I'm still really excited! Is it Saturday yet?????
 
6. Coffee. I've given up on quitting it. It's too good and too vital for survival at this point. I've moved the coffee pot to a permanent location on the counter now. I'm even considering using the timer and setting it up to automatically start brewing before I wake up in the morning. I am thankful for an awesome coffee pot that can do these things, and for having enough money to afford my coffee habit.
 
7. That I was able to solve a problem at work yesterday with a relatively small amount of yelling and arguing and that I was able to end the conversation amicably. And I even had a pleasant exchange with the individual in question this morning which was fantastic and I'm very thankful that we worked through the issue professionally (mostly). Thankful for small miracles.
 
8. That I don't have to bring work home tonight. I'm really looking forward to spending time with Derick while we make an attempt to puppy-proof our home.
 
9. For the fact that life is full of opportunities, and that I have the ability to make changes if I need to. 
 
10. For nail polish. Making me feel girly and cute even when I'm stressed out and have messy hair. It's the little things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment