Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January 23rd - Heather

1. While my paycheck never feels like it goes far enough, I'm thankful that it covers a roof over my head and food to eat. This past Monday, in honor of MLK day, I toured three community service organization that are all within a few blocks of campus. Made me realize how little community service I've done since leaving AmeriCorps.

2. Upon returning to campus I started sending out emails to colleagues from across campus to ask them to join me on a venture to knit and/or crochet articles of clothing to donate to one of the organizations that helps clothe and feed the homeless as well as fire victims and domestic violence victims. I'm thankful that I received such an overwhelmingly positive response!

3. I'm thankful that I didn't crash my car on Monday when my brake lines froze. I know now to pump my brakes before taking the car out of park when the weather is this far below freezing. I got practically all the way home from work (accident free) before my car warmed up enough for me to push down on the brake pedal. It was a scary 10 minutes!!!!

4. New clothes...I hate what they cost, but my work wardrobe was in desperate need of an infusion.

5. The cool bookmark/pen holder that JJ and Derick gave me for Christmas. It's a big loop of elastic that slips over the book's cover and has an elastic pen loop attached to each end. I put it on my textbook last night for my research class and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment