Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17th, 2012 - JJ

1. For Derick, who wrote a bunch of things he loves about me on post-it notes and covered our kitchen cabinets with them as a surprise for me when I got home from Seattle last night. He also cleaned the whole house which was amazing! And he took care of Ripley all week while I was gone and didn't even complain about it.
2. That Ripley didn't cry at all last night after moving her crate into our bedroom. Fingers crossed that this is the key to crate training success and we never hear another sad/frustrated peep out of her while she's in that thing.
3. That Steve and Kimberly's wedding went off without a hitch! Also thankful that I had a great time despite not knowing anyone there besides the bride and groom. I guess I should also be thankful for alcohol, since that's part of what helped me get out of my comfort zone and onto the dance floor. I'm also thankful for Joy, Kimberly's cousin, who is wonderful and amazing and is my new BFF, without whom I probably would've bailed on the wedding reception early.
4. For everyone in Seattle who made an effort to hang out with me while I was in town, and for those who were content to do whatever I wanted to do while I was there. I didn't get to see everyone which was a bummer, but I only spent a few hours being stressed out about making the people I couldn't see unhappy and that is pretty good for me!
5. That my mom is so teeny now she can wear my clothes. And that she looked so awesome in the dress I wore for the wedding last week that she bought one for herself! Go mom!! :) And on that note, I'm very very thankful that I somehow managed to lose weight while I was in Seattle (despite eating every single last french fry in the poutine I ordered with Raymi & Megan and drinking multiple Starbucks holiday drinks per day, every day). Not sure how this was possible, but I'm just gonna go with it!
6. Lastly, I am thankful for The Hobbit which makes me happier than I can express. Peter Jackson is amazing and I am so glad he made the movie for the fans rather than making it to impress the Academy and win awards. I'm also thankful for all the geeky friends I have who love it as much as I do. I can't wait to go see it with Derick in the fancy 3D that Peter Jackson intended it to be seen in!! I wish I was a hobbit and that wizards were real. And I can't wait to see the dragon in the second movie. This first one was a bit of a tease when it came to Smaug.

No comments:

Post a Comment