Thursday, June 6, 2013

June 6th - Heather

1.  This quote: "We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about." ~Charles Kingsley

2.  Travel possibilities....I'm still scared to admit that this trip could be a reality.  If it all works out, it will be a life-long dream come true.

3.  Getting closer to submitting my first proposal to present academic work at a conference.  I'm still very early in the research process for my thesis, but I stumbled upon a call for papers that closes next week.  It's a short window...but I think I'm about to plunge through it!!!

4.  The opportunity to be helpful and neighborly.  We have a new downstairs neighbor and when he ordered tv and internet from Time Warner they sent him a box full of cables and a modem.  I was a little surprised, but we got everything hooked up and fully operable pretty quickly.

5.  NBA Finals start tonight!  I don't catch many games during the season, but I always try to make time for the Finals....so it's my annual dose of basketball!  It used to be so much more.  Last weekend I was cleaning out my closet and I found my two Gary Payton Sonics jerseys and smiled.  Reminded me of the days when I scheduled things around Sonics gametime.

No comments:

Post a Comment