Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June 5th - Heather

1. Deciding to outline the 100 chapters I have to read in the next couple of weeks instead of committing to reading ever single word. It's still going to take me some serious time, but I'll have something to look back over versus trying to remember every detail. {ok, not really 100, but 6 textbook chapters still equals torture}

2. The space to do double duty during the retreat. I'm here to be useful where I can, but have the time to spread out my iPad and textbook and work on outliing my chapters.

3. Double duty number two...being here to be useful when needed, but also being able to soak up knowledge and take notes on the elements of a great syllabus so that I file away this knowledge and use it in the (hopefully) near future.

4. Finding a new app that will help me prep for the math section of the GRE! Which for someone who hasn't had a math class since the summer of 2001, is the most dreaded part of the GRE/application process! It's called Khan Academy. You can watch the videos from the app and them open the web page in Safari and do the practice assignments! So brilliant!

5. Using the cherry blossom cup that I bought in DC! Makes me smile!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment