Thursday, March 29, 2012

March 29th, 2012 - JJ

1. Toffee nut lattes from Starbucks. So delicious, even though I'm breaking my one latte per week rule AND my no coffee in a paper cup rule. Shame on me. But it's soooo good!!!
 
2. That Derick and I can disagree about movies but still listen to the other's opinion. Learning to do this has been quite a process and we've gone through more than a few nasty arguments to get here. But it's nice that I can 100% hate a movie that he gives 4 stars and that we can talk about it for a long time without getting upset at the other person. Apparently I have terrible taste in movies and don't appreciate "film." Whatever. My idea of a good movie involves magic, dragons, and lots of other things I'll never see in real life. Further, I'm thankful that I never have to watch "Lovely and Amazing" ever again.
 
3. For Emily, who has so sweetly agreed to take care of Muffin this weekend. Hopefuly she doesn't maim Marty this time!!
 
4. That there was an interview with Tippi Hedren prior to the screening of The Birds that we went to the other day. Usually screenings with movie stars or directors involve a Q&A after the screening, which always kind of irritates me because I feel like the people who come should have prepared some words to tell the audience about their feelings on the movie. So it was a nice change of pace to have Ben Mankiewicz interview Tippi Hedren before the screening of The Birds and prior to opening it up to an audience Q&A. Also, Tippi was hilarious and pretty wonderful. I hope I can be like her when I get to be her age!
 
5. Ibuprofen.  Seriously, what would we do without that stuff? It's a miracle pill.
 
6. Heated seats in the red company car. It's the only one that has heated seats, and they make the many hours I spend driving around Chicagoland infinitely better.
 
7. A quiet day in the office.
 
8. I'm still thankful for the help I got from Derick while cleaning our rugs earlier this week. Everytime I walk down the hall I notice how nice the rug looks without all that cat fur all over it. It's nice to have a clean(ish) house!
 
9. Sunshine. Chicago may be colder than Seattle (usually....although not this month!!), but it more than makes up for it in sunny days.
 
10. That our audit at work is over. No more stressing about what's in the files and if we've forgotten anything. Audit is done, now we just have to wait for the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment