Thursday, March 29, 2012

March 29th - Heather

1.  I'm thankful for the mini-manicure set I got on sale after Christmas that I keep stashed away in my desk.  I broke a nail way down past the quick and it would have really hurt to rip it off the rest of the way.  I was glad to be able to clip it off when I got back to my office.

2.  That today is my Friday.  I'm off tomorrow and I am excited to spend the day at the Milwaukee Art Museum for Art in Bloom.  I've never been to this event before, but it comes highly recommended and it's only four days.  I'm hoping that going Friday morning will avoid the massive crowds that it seems will amass over last two days on Saturday and Sunday.

3.  Flowering trees and the weather to make them bloom!  Even though it's supposed to be cold enough to snow again tomorrow, the weather has been so pleasant that the trees have begun to flower.  It makes me miss DC so much.  Every magnolia tree I see reminds me of the magnolia grove at the National Arboretum and every other flowering tree makes me wish I could stand at the FDR Memorial and see the sea of pink cherry blossoms!  Especially since this year is the 100th Anniversary of the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC!  I still have fond memories of dragging my mother all over DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival a few years ago....I think her feet still hold a bit of a grudge against me!

4.  Spearmint flavored (and scented) lip gloss...makes me feel a bit less guilty about eating onions at lunch today!

5.  Lunch with Mary Beth.  It was nice to head over to our favorite little Mexican restaurant (we were there Monday night for dinner too....they know us well! lol) and sit and have a quick bite and chat.  I generally lack an appetite when I have a migraine ...but after living in El Paso for ten years, Mexican food is like the ultimate comfort food!

No comments:

Post a Comment