Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sept 19th - Heather

1.  Pumpkin cream cheese.  Yummmm

2.  Apple Crumb muffins from Costco...especially with pumpkin cream cheese on them!

3.  I crocheted up a little hat for a coworker's daughter.  Kendall is 3 and battling Leukemia.  I get to give it to her father tomorrow to take to her!
 
4.  Gatorade.  I don't necessarily like the flavor....although they've gotten much more palatable as of late....but I've been feeling a little out of sorts and the gatorade is helping a little bit today.
 
5.  5k Training....not that I'm looking to run a 5K any time soon.  But a group of colleagues were getting together to train for a 5k that the university hosts and I decided it was the perfect opportunity to work on establishing a habit for moving!  I'm plugging my way through, I feel like I'm dragging, hence the gatorade!  But I'm still working on it.
 
6.  Bonuses since it's been so long since my last entry....my mom has moved into a new position within the same organization and her name was selected by a local radio station for lunch for her and 25 coworkers.  When she came home last night (well, really when I got home from class), she was telling me that the lunch was a ton of fun and that afterward she sent a 5 Things email to her coworkers.  It warmed my heart to hear her tell me about the things she was thankful for and the things that her coworkers responded with. 
 
Momma said it best: "We just spend so much time focusing on the negative...it feels good to think about the positive things."  Some days I struggle to come up with 5 specific things that I'm thankful for.  Sometimes it's because I dismiss the little things (like waking up that morning), and sometimes it's becuase I have a hard time clearing out the mental clutter and focusing on the positive. 
 
7.  I have two coworkers with loved ones in the hospital and I've been glued to their CaringBridges sites!  While neither are out of the woods....they are both making small steps forward every day and it lifts my heart and breaks my heart all at the same time.
 
8.  My knees and my feet haven't given up on me!  They're not necessarily happy with me either, but that's what epsom salt is for, right?
 
9.  That someone from IT was able to run across campus and fix a funky settings glitch that was preventing a powerpoint presentation from being displayed on the screen.  I tend to the be the think of everything assistant...but when I saw a second monitor earlier with the cord wrapped around it's base, it didn't occur to me that it was connected and that its addition could have altered the operability of the system.  But it's currently working, just in time for their meeting and I know how to fix it in the future if the defaults change with every unique login.
 
10.  I finally washed all of the campfire out of my hair...I think.  I liked the smell, don't get me wrong.  But it was just creepy after awhile.  I was in Mackinac with friends two weeks ago and we stayed at a cabin near the water and lit campfires.  And my hair has continued to smell of campfire, despite numerous washings, for two weeks!  Now I know what to expect next time....be forewarned if you see me at a campfire...don't be alarmed if I'm wearing a showercap!
 
And on that note....what are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment