Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February 13th, 2013 - JJ

1. That I am making the time to write this today. It's been such a long time and I have been a terrible slacker, but I am very thankful that I always come back to writing these e-mails, even if I'm not perfect about it.

2. Scented candles. Right now I have a piƱa colada scented candle burning in my "office" while I work. It is making me think of tropical climates instead of frozen ones which is good these days!

3. That Derick is turning into such a good cook! He's been experimenting with all kinds of new recipes and I've really enjoyed eating them all. :)

4. For the little pot of mini daffodils that Derick bought for me. Daffodils always make me think of sunshine, which is why they're my favorite flower. I hope I don't accidentally kill them! 

5. That Derick made the bed and locked the front door this morning. Usually Derick leaves before I do, so those two things are on my to do list but this morning I left early so it was nice to come home to a tidy room and a locked house. 

6. For Ripley and how adorable she is. I never thought I'd love a dog so much, but she has stolen my heart!

7. For a working heater. The lady who watches Ripley has to rely on space heaters, so every time our heat turns on I am so thankful that we don't have that problem! 

8. For sleep. I've been feeling a little under the weather and it's nice to be able to sleep through the night and let my body get the rest it needs. Hopefully tomorrow I will wake up with no sore throat!

9. Derick's tarragon chicken. We have so much of it left over and it is so delicious!!  I've gotten territorial over it and find myself getting upset any time Derick has some. It's so good I don't want to share even though he made it!!

10. For facebook, fb messenger, facetime, e-mail, gchat, text messaging, etc. for helping me keep in touch with family and friends so far away. I've started missing home almost all the time so it's nice to be able to get my fix of you guys even though I can't be there with you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment