Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 6th, 2012 - JJ

1. I'm thankful for this often in these e-mails, but it's worth repeating: I am so thankful for a flexible job, where I can work from home when I'm not feeling well. Further, I'm thankful that fate cleared my schedule today making it possible to work from home all day.
 
2. For pajamas, which I am still wearing. I'm also thankful that Derick had one last clean sweatshirt that I could wear. We're awfully behind on our laundry at the moment, and since it's been cold out lately I've managed to go through all of my own sweatshirts in the last week. Amazing how quickly things get dirty when you're a puppy mommy.
 
3. For a working furnace, and that the pilot light hasn't gone out again since the last time our land lord was here to fix it. I'm also thankful that while Derick is at work today I can turn the heat up as high as I want!! I'm currently sitting in a toasty 72 degree apartment! And somehow I'm still finding it necessary to be wearing pants, a sweatshirt, and socks, and to be covered up in a warm blanket.
 
4. For delicious food. Specifically for the delicious moroccan couscous and tilapia that Derick made last night. I just ate the left overs for lunch and they were AMAZING. I could eat tilapia in that marinade every single day and never get sick of it! Also thankful for chocolate chip cookies. Always good for brightening up a blah day.
 
5. That Ripley sleeps so much. I have been SO productive with work stuff today and that wouldn't have been possible if she hadn't been sleeping all morning.
 
6. For all of Ripley's friends, who entertain her for hours and wear her out so she sleeps hard and terrorizes Allagash less. I'm also thankful for them because after yesterday's awful morning meeting it was great to be able to come home and watch my puppy play with a bunch of big dogs and put all the work drama out of my mind. Very therapeutic.
 
7. That I got to talk to Jessica for a few minutes this morning while she drove to work. Gotta love best friend time when you can get it!
 
8. That I woke up feeling fully rested this morning and was able to take over Derick's early morning puppy duty for him so he could sleep in. Helps that I fell asleep sometime between 8 and 9 last night, so I'm thankful for that too. :)
 
9. That Thanksgiving is almost here. It's my favorite holiday and I cannot wait!
 
10. For my home with Derick. I love it, even though I sometimes feel like we live in a tiny zoo these days. I always want to come home to him (or for him to hurry up and get home to me). I love that sharing space with him isn't work (no matter how often I joke about doing all the housework), and that we both take care of each other in different ways. Now, is it 5:00 yet? I want to see my husband walk through our front door!

No comments:

Post a Comment