Thursday, November 1, 2012

November 1st - Heather

1.  Red tea with chai spices.  It makes a great chai tea latte with egg nog and there's no caffeine, so I don't have to worry about how much of it I drink!!!

2.  Feeling inspired.  It's the first day of the NaNoWriMo challenge and I'm on my way to getting all of my words written for the day.  The goal is to write just under 1700 words every day over the course of the month of November so that by the end of the month I have a 50,000 word novel.  I outlined my story yesterday, but couldn't start writing until today.  I just have a couple hundred more words to go for today and I'm feeling great.  I was worried earlier in the day.  I was focusing on all of the details of the story that I hadn't thought about yet.  Then I just focused on writing about the parts that I had outlined knowing that I could add specific details later.  This is going to be fun!  I can't believe that I had never heard of this before.  It started in 1999!!!

3.  Google docs!  I can work on my novel from anyplace at anytime without having to worry about where it is saved!  I can pull it up on my laptop, my iPad, the computer in my office....it's great!

4.  That the early Christmas fanatics are starting to come out of their hiding places.  I've read a few status updates from a  few different friends who are listening to Christmas music or starting to put up some decorations already!  I love it!  And I fully support it!!!

5.  My friend Amy.  I know her heart is hurting right now for the loss of a loved one.  I wish I could make it better.  Or at least be there to sit with her.  It's so hard to always be so far from friends!  If you're reading this Amy, then imagine me sitting there on the couch next to massaging your scalp!

No comments:

Post a Comment